Saturday, May 21, 2011

1. a river runs through me and i cannot

a river runs through me and i cannot say no; the slim cuts holed between my limbs allow it. the box of my chest outlined in negative space, holes of collarbones, rigid in their permissive emptiness. a river runs through me and i cannot cry; tears stretched into oblong drops join its flow. swirling through my toe holes. the purple reflection of the sky cries back at me, in loops and drips passing through my calf. its shallow voice asks me why i have carved cutouts of lace doilies in my bones. a skeletoned body: white orchids of ribs blooming outward and connecting inward. a lacework of calcium hardened by the briny waters rushing on all sides, encasing. a river runs through me and i cannot explain my desire; i need its rushing and crashing and mumbling in my bone holes, moving me forward in the currents of its flow without a tumbling into the complete end of purple and drops and cavities and roaring just the nameless rush of neverending waters Inspiration from Beth Stone's Papercut, Sabin Aell's 1st Day, Carianne Mack Garside's Day 1, Steve Ersinghaus' the end of the world and the beginning of everything else.

1 comment:

  1. Really enjoyed this poem. I wrote a post in response to this.

    http://lebleuduciel100.blogspot.com/2011/05/006100-violet.html

    I think you have nothing to worry about - you sure write like a poet.

    ReplyDelete