Wednesday, May 25, 2011

4. ratios: self:flour::rising:

you were the one who taught me how to bake, the right combination of flour, salt, sugar, what have you. you with the pulsing veins beneath your skin, the blue rivers of red blood cells rushing along their own small superhighway. coursing through your skin. you were the one who left me here alone, to fend for myself in this garden of persons and spices and flowers and all those things that i cannot even begin to name. being alone smells like yeast warm rising in the oven. yes, just like that. we will leave so much left unsaid, like the sound of your blood moving me. it is what keeps me still, in this space. i am stuck; the dough pressed against the silver rim. i must wait, here, rising in my own private oven; until i have doubled myself, alone. Dylan Ingraham's exchanging histories, Yan Wang's 4., Steve Ersinghaus' those often chance meetings we have.

1 comment: